As I said in my last post to stay tuned, and then didn't update a word, I should stop saying I'll update the post. I used to do the same thing when I sporadically kept a journal. Lizzy and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing family. We particularly liked seeing Sarah and Neil in "the Best Christmas Pageant Ever."
When we got to the airport in Salt Lake, I found a message on my phone from my good friend Rebecca who assured me that I would not be taking the Metro home, so she picked us up and took us home. I love having friends that are as good as family.
We're settling into our new routine. Elizabeth spends whole days with Samantha now, instead of half days like she used to. Without Clinton in the house, I forget to eat lunch, and sometimes I forget breakfast too. The laundry and dishes pile up, and the living room is a mess. Aside from all the other reasons to miss my husband, I am noticing the absence of my domestic support.
Clinton is doing well with his job and we talk several times a day. He's busy and happy.
Elizabeth is learning to leave the Christmas tree alone and enjoys singing Jingle Bells... well, laughing at me while I sing it. She's not as enthusiastic about Silent Night or Away in a Manger.
And I promise to update again real soon... but don't hold your breath.
1 year ago
2 comments:
You DID update! I just love Rebecca and I'm so glad she picked you up at the airport! Take good care of her, too, ok?
I had to laugh at the not eating and dishes piling up. I do the same thing when I get tied up in a project.
We are holding our breath on Romney. Paul has volunteered to work on his campaign!
OK Tracie, the truth is that I updated while you were talking to Rebecca - just after you said I was still in Utah. So thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment