Well, this has been a posting that I had hoped I would not need to write. I have been meaning to post much earlier on this topic but have resisted doing so. I have not found a job yet here in Washington D.C. Development Initiatives, Inc. has been very kind to me in giving me all sorts of contract jobs that have helped to pay the bills here and there. Unfortunately, I have found nothing permanent and it’s getting to the point where I need to start thinking about the future.
Merinda and I are thinking about moving back to Utah sometime in July. Baring a miracle, we will end up moving in with my parents for a little while in order to pay off our debts. After which, I will most likely either get in the State Department or enter graduate school.
This has been a difficult decision. We don’t want to leave our friends here in Washington D.C. and we have yet to see all the sights that Washington D.C. has to offer.
If you know of any good positions in Washington D.C. or in the Salt Lake City, Utah area, please let us know. I appreciate all those who have helped us here in Washington D.C.
1 year ago
3 comments:
D.C. is great but I'm all for Salt Lake since that is where I am! I'll keep my ears open for you guys!
Hope to see you soon!
I know you have loved D.C. and it sounds like you had a lot of great experiences. I am sure it is going to be hard to leave but we are all excited that you are coming back to Utah! It has been hard having you all so far away. We will keep you in our prayers, and we will hope to see you soon!
I'm sad to hear of the job search blues. Hope things turn bright for you soon. If not, come and visit us when you move back to SL! Will be thinking of you!
Post a Comment