My very first exposure to House Hunters was a few years ago. Clint's parents have cable. It might not have been House Hunters; but I think it was; and possibly the first season. A lady with a few kids was searching for a house and her husband couldn't come look with her. She kept referring to her husband as "the Frenchman" and he worked an awful lot, so they were trying to move closer to his job.
She was -to me at the time- picky about the houses. She wanted more or newer or closer or cheaper. Then, after the commercial break when we come back and see which house she chose, she tells the T.V. audience that the Frenchman got a transfer at work and they didn't need one of these houses after all.
Enter my family. We have a terrific realtor. He has helped 3 of our friends buy houses, and he has spend a year and a half helping us troll through the low end of the foreclosures and short sales in two states and four counties. We broke off with him late last summer and then started again in the winter.
As the bank continues to sit on our offer, we've been allowed time to reconsider.
I could give the long explanation, but the short story is this:
We think we're going to move away from metro D.C.
Go West, young man. Go West.
name the movie.
1 year ago
6 comments:
Is this a plan in the works or a wishful thought? If it happens soon, it's no wonder you haven't found your house yet... you've been looking in the wrong half of the country.
I can't name the exact movie (plenty of guesses that may or may not be close), but it makes me think of the Toby Keith song "Should've Been a Cowboy."
How far west?
And since you are planning a new adventure, here is a movie quote for you: "Don't worry, on a new job it's quite common for things not to go well at first."
Cindy, I believe that's an excellent quote! Quigley, of course.
My quote? Also a cowboy movie featuring a Yankee in Australia.
Oddly enough.
We're not in the action stage right now... just the inaction stage.
Man From Snowy River! It bugged me yesterday afternoon when I could hear the voice saying those words, but couldn't put it together. It struck me at soccer practice. :)
Colorado? Hmmm. Come back, young gal, come back.
I don't know that movie but I do know a song by Michael W Smith. Does that count? Hope things work out...I take that back...they will.
Post a Comment