Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Family 5K

Saturday (yes, I'm going out of order) we participated in the family 5K fun run. Notice I say we didn't compete. We completed the 5K in about an hour, pushing a stroller and, for much of the course, carrying Emma on our shoulders. Turns out she likes our shoulders better than the cushy inside of a double stroller.
We had an enjoyable time, and we set a really easy benchmark to beat the next time any of us wants to compete in a 5K... or if we want to participate in another fun run some time.
After the 5K, Clinton's awesome, amazing, fabulous, generous family showed up for our chainsaws-and-shovels party and barbecue. We had 9 extra pairs of hands to pitch in. Grandma and Grandpa took our little people off to watch soccer and to play so we could focus.
Did I mention that they are fabulous, those helpers? We had a respectable pile of refuse for our spring bulk trash day on Monday. Bit by bit we're approaching a nice yard for our little family.
Remember this picture from St. Patrick's Day?
Compare to this: Thanks Rob and Janice.

No comments: