I should be cleaning up my house right now. But I'm not.
Since 1996 I have moved a lot. I have been a transient gypsy. Can I count my moves? Maybe. Hang on.
28.
I have packed up and moved 28 times.
In the next week or two, we'll do number 29.
It is time to load up the mess we have made in the last 5 weeks and get set to sign the papers for our house.
It's going to be official. The underwriter approved the loan, the appraiser appraised for about what we're buying it for, the engineer said it's sound, the inspector inspected, we've looked and planned and prayed. We bought a washer and dryer.
We are just waiting on Fannie Mae to go over the papers, and then we sign.
I should be packing and cleaning and tidying.
Or at least cooking dinner.
After this move, I think I'll stay for a few years. I think I'm going to unpack all the boxes. I haven't been completely unpacked since ... 1998? Maybe earlier.
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment