Saturday night we drove the bishop's car home from a stake event, and since it needed gasoline, Clinton had their debit card, and forgot to return it on Sunday. Tuesday, peckish for a Wreck on Wheat from Potbelly's, Clinton went out for lunch. Muscle memory knows where the right card is stashed in the wallet. Just as the clerk was swiping his card, Clinton realized that it was the wrong card and asked her to cancel the transaction and use our card instead.Our friends got a call from their bank, "Hi, we have reason to believe that your card has been compromised. We've just declined a transaction fro $75,000.00. Can you confirm that you have the card in your possession?"
Not exactly a canceled transaction; but in any event, it didn't go through.
He said it was a good lunch, but maybe not worth 75 grand.
How much have you embezzled from your bishop this week?
3 comments:
That is the best! I'm sure they knew it was you guys skipping the country or something. Can I use it. I'll be right over.
There are a lot of things I know our bishop would do for us or be understanding of, but embezzlement is not one of them. I actually needed a good laugh like that - thanks!
Wow, I was really excited to get sunday dinner this last sunday. I was thinking wow this is a really fancy taco salad and dessert dinner. I was thinking I had been given serious hospitality. I guess that just goes to show the difference between the east coast and the west coast!
Post a Comment