Mostly I'm posting this for reference for a friend. Our Stake is doing a film festival. Somewhere the communication slipped up and instead of having all summer, our ward has had about 11 days. I was in ward council substituting for my president and voted to not submit an entry. The next day at the Elders' quorum ice cream social, filming began. Bishop didn't actually have time to do the editing, so I volunteered. The vision was to film the kids, then just add funny subtitles. So with this direction and about 20 minutes of footage, I set off. Possible themes: Family fun, All I need to know I learned from Primary, A typical Evening in the Silver Spring Stake, The Mormon Musical of Musicals, and... something else. I forget. The rules: 12 minute maximum, must include Duct tape, must feature a cameo from a famous Mormon or Mormon film, we have to hear the words "My mama always said" and... something else like that.
Our stake also has a deaf branch, a Spanish ward, and a Spanish branch. Thus, subtitles are good. My friend is going to translate to Spanish, and I'm putting this up for reference in case he needs to see what he means as he's translating.
For 10 days work - peicemeal - and not much material to work with, I'd have to say this is pretty good.
1 year ago
6 comments:
Very cute! Who's the peanut butter song by?
Whoa, you are good. I love it.
True - the credits can't be read at this size. The Peanut Butter song, along with most of the soundtrack, are Primary Colors (I think that's their name.) The opening titles and the bye-bye song that leads into the credits are Sandra Boynton. I was working with two albums of Primary colors and 3 albums of Sandra Boynton, and right directly I can't say which I used and which I didn't. All music was used without permission.
Cute!!!
I did notice the duct tape and the bits from Mr. Kruger's Christmas. Nice work! I have participated to a small degree some of your editing sessions. Awesome! Although sometimes when there is a time constraint that is when the creative solutions usually come up! I would have like to have seen if the credits were creative. Was it a silver donuts deal?
Darling. You are a natural. I'll be sending all my years of footage your way...
Post a Comment