Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Best Friend

I like Bonnie Hunt. I think she is a great actress, particularly in her roles as "the best friend." I'm thinking Return to Me but there are more. Also like Joan Cusack as "the best friend" in Runaway Bride. Romantic comedies need good "the best friend" roles. In some films, the best friend is better than the leading lady. Think How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days or 27 Dresses.

For a romantic comedy featuring my little sister as "the best friend," see this news clip.

Who plays your favorite "the best friend" and in what movies?

6 comments:

Diana said...

That's funny! I hope your sister's friend finds true love, and somehow manages to avoid all the insane guys that may respond as well! Your sister did a great job as "the best friend" in this clip! As for movies, I liked the guy that played the best friend in "My Best Friends Wedding!" He was a riot.

Sarah and Neil Peterson said...

I'd like to thank the academy!

colds1 said...

Love, love Joan Cusack, especially in "Runaway Bride." A few others:

Penelope Ann Miller - "Adventures in Babysitting"

Bonnie Hunt - "Only You"

Martin Sheen - "American President"

Kathryn Hahn - "How to Lose a Guy"

I could go on and on. Thanks for making me think!

Merinda Reeder said...

That's right - Only You. I was trying to think of what other excellent best friend Bonnie Hunt did. That's the one I couldn't think of.

Tara Bennett said...

LOL that's so funny!

I was thinking Bonnie in Only You, but Cindy stole my idea! Hmmmm I also love the BFF in HTLAG in 10 days. Ya gotta love the BF's!

Hethrjem said...

I'm not a fan of Rosie O'Donnell, but she was great in the best-friend-of-Meg-Ryan role in Sleepless in Seattle.