For the last ten days we have run nonstop with my sister and her family. She has a day-by-day description of what we've done.
While they were here, we managed to visit- The National Archives
- The Capitol - tour with congressman's office
- The Library of Congress
- The Supreme Court
- The Air and Space Museum
- The White House - tour
- Earned Junior Ranger badges by visiting and learning about all the monuments on the National Mall
- Mount Vernon
- Gettysburg (our family missed this day)
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing - tour
- The Washington Monument - elevator to the top
- Museum of Fine Art
- Museum of Modern Art
- Natural History Museum
- American History Museum
- Arlington National Cemetery
Lizzy and Emma loved playing with their cousins.
We were out of the house by 9:00 every morning - some mornings by 7:00.We got home for dinner after 7:00 and sometimes after 9:00.
There was so much to see and do; and Jen's family wanted to learn everything, read everything, and experience everything they could at each location.
We've had a glorious visit and miss them already.
2 comments:
Wow, I can't believe you fit all of that into 10 days with 7 kids. You must be worn out, but it is great that you got to do it with your sister and her family. What a great memory!
And what a great way to get some exercise in. You look really good. Keep up the good work! You will have more stamina during your pregnancy and feel better afterward. It is good to see you didn't fall off the planet. :)
That sounds like the BEST kind of family visit. I've always thought Jen was the coolest. Glad to see I was right!
And I'm so jealous you saw so much in so many days!!! Someday I wish I could visit!
Post a Comment