Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Utah - Day 5

We spent the Morning with Grandma and Grandpa, and then after lunch we headed for the Wright place.

Jen, Jeremy, Jane, and Sarah were there to talk with and play with until Zach, Anna, and Griffin came home. Unfortunately, Utah chose to skip the snow for our stay, so there was no gentle toddler-appropriate sledding to be had.

While Lizzy played with Jane and Clinton went to catch up with a friend, I spent the afternoon chatting with my sisters about life, the universe, and everything. Jen worked on some cute crafty project while we talked, and also managed to make dinner. Sarah and I just chatted.

After dinner, we loaded up the cars and headed downtown to see the lights on Temple Square, along with Zach's cub scout troop. I should mention here that James loaned his Durango to us for the week, and we were very grateful. It's a nice ride and we loved the freedom of taking ourselves wherever we needed.

Temple Square was beautiful. Lizzy was starting to get good at identifying temples, as we drove by several repeatedly in our Wasatch Valley travels. Zachary pushed Lizzy in the borrowed stroller the entire evening, making it yet another day where Clinton and I spent nearly no effort overseeing our child.

No comments: