Then Saturday we got on a plane for Utah.
I could go into the details, but yes, according to 5 different Delta agents, I did have to fly back to Maryland before starting my family vacation. Dumb, I know.
So the excitement began Saturday with our whole family flying on the same planes. We touched down in Utah a little late and rushed to Camille's baptism in Herriman. No pictures of that. We got there just in time for the confirmation and family party after.The foremost reason to visit Utah was to allow Lizzy to run amok with cousins and build relations with her relations. Clinton and I wanted to spend time with family too.
Lizzy enjoyed playing with cousins at the Murdocks until long after everybody else left. Clinton and Derek enjoyed some video games while Shannon and I chatted. A delightful afternoon.
We then went to the Klinglers for more family-to-family time over a pizza dinner. Lizzy shadowed Jon around the house while we adults talked economy, politics, jobs, and other topics. We also opened gifts from the Klinglers - some great new games, Curious George stories, and a stuffed hippopotamus that Lizzy kept pretty close through the rest of the trip. A delightful evening.
The hippo is currently her favorite best friend next to Daddy. If you ever met the hippopotamus before he left Hogle Zoo, you'll understand why Lizzy's hippo is called stinky.
No comments:
Post a Comment