Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Utah - Day 7

We began the day with Hollie, Cassidy, and Brooklyn at the treehouse museum in Ogden. We left our camera, so Hollie has all the pictures of that. I'm hoping to get some. It is a fabulous place with lots of hands-on activities for little people. We were very impressed and it kept Lizzy and Cassidy busy.

After the treehouse museum, Hollie took Cassidy to the doctor for an ear infection and we made some lunch. David got off work and collected Syrissa from school, and we met up at Michael and Colette's to go to Salt Lake City to visit the Clark Planetarium. That's where we got these fabulous pictures on the surface of the moon, and on Mars, as well. We didn't see a show, which limited the scope of enjoyment; I think it's mostly a science movie venue with a few cool exhibits and an extensive gift shop.

We split up in the parking lot, where we snapped a photo with Mike and Colette. While Michael and David took their families to see the lights downtown, Clinton and I headed to Jen's house to drop off Lizzy and meet up with Sybil and Darryl.

Together, we headed for Showtime Utah where we enjoyed a great meal of barbecue, cornbread, taters, and beans, all accompanied by some toe-tapping knee-slapping western entertainment. Miss Ruby, as played by my sister Sarah, joins the Sherriff and his deputy, along with the band, to keep the crowd clapping. Sarah was managing the whole night, including the kitchen, the wait staff, the ticket takers, the sound booth, and the performers. Biased though I might be, I'd recommend it to anyone in the area.

No comments: